Monday, November 30, 2009

Community

I have to slow down and play around in Character Design.

Tiffany Ford taught taught me to relax my approach to designing characters today, something my Character Design teacher failed to teach. John Mahoney, my illustration teacher, was right: art should be fun, and in turn I'll grow beyond those that treat it like an industrial task. Arem Pak, a bud of mine in Sacramento, taught me no one has the right to change who I am because of what I am.

Because of daily interaction, my friends know how I work, think, draw. Teachers only see pieces of myself, through my window their class. They have experience, sure, we're also smart, and we all know what someone else doesn't.

I can't do it alone.

I think that's something worth writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment